Friday, December 18, 2009

Christmas passion




Anybody who knows me well, knows I am not the biggest fan of Christmas. Well maybe that is a bit harsh. Let's just say it is not my favorite holiday. Maybe because my birthday falls the day before Christmas so I have been beaten over the head with it since birth. Who knows.

But I have found an anthology of Christmas stories with a paranormal twist guaranteed to make the biggest Grinch cry and swell their heart to bursting. It's called the Magical Christmas Cat. Four remarkably talented writers from paranormal romance come together with short stories sharing the wonder and magic of the season

First there is Nalini Singh with Stroke of Enchantment. I admit that although I am a big paranormal reader I had never heard of her or her Psi-Changeling series. But I will tell you after reading this I will be looking her up and devouring her world. Set in a pretty distant future, chagelings (shapeshifters) and Psi openly mingle with the humans- and each other.

This particular story is about a human teacher with a physical imperfection finding love and security with a dominant Leopard changeling. Their own insecurities come close to ruining what they have found. Yet when they finally give the ultimate gift- trust to each other they find a love that will last an eternity.

It was a very sweet story with a very good message for everyone.

Next time I will talk about Erin McCarthy's contribution called Christmas Bree.

>

3 comments:

  1. Oh this sounds fascinating - I think I'll join you in reading these.


    Hawk

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the review - sounds like a great story!

    Julianna - back from the never-never

    ReplyDelete